- This RFA invites applications for infrastructure grants in support of population research relevant to the mission of the Demographic and Behavioral Sciences Branch (DBSB), Center for Population Research (CPR), NICHD.
- The NICHD intends to commit approximately $2.9 million in total costs [Direct plus Facilities and Administrative (F and A) costs] in FY 2006 to fund five - seven new and/or competing continuation grants in response to this RFA.
- An applicant may request a project period of up to five years.
- This funding opportunity will use the NIH Research Resource (R24) award mechanism.
- An investigator may submit an application if his/her institution has any of the following characteristics: For-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, Units of State and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal government.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- One application per institution is permitted.
- A table summarizing the differences between the Infrastructure Award (R24) and Developmental Infrastructure Award (R21) is available at http://www.nichd.nih.gov/RFA/HD-05-028/HD-05-028.htm.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms and following specific guidance available at: http://www.nichd.nih.gov/RFA/HD-05-028/HD-05-028.htm. The PHS 398 is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format. For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone (301) 435-0714, Email: GrantsInfo@nih.gov. Applications must be received by the date listed under Key Dates, above.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster